A MEDITATION BY HILLARY MCBRIDE
Sanctuary Ambassador Hillary McBride wrote and recorded a grounding meditation designed for those who may be experiencing heightened anxiety or fear at this time. This meditation is meant to help calm the mind and the body.
PRACTICING SELF-CARE DURING ANXIOUS TIMES
Hillary is a registered clinical counsellor in private practice in Vancouver and holds a Ph.D in Counselling Psychology from UBC. Her areas of clinical and research specialty focus on trauma, and trauma therapies, eating disorders, body image, sex and sexuality, embodiment and the intersection of spirituality and mental health.
Hillary’s work has been recognized by both the American and Canadian Psychological Associations, and she was recently awarded the International Young Investigator Award for her research contributions so early in her career. Her first book is Mothers, Daughters, and Body Image: Learning to Love Ourselves as We Are (Post Hill Press, 2017), and she is the editor of a textbook, Embodiment and Eating Disorders: Theory, Research, Prevention and Treatment (Routledge, 2018).
Sanctuary Mental Health Ministries does not provide medical or therapeutic advice. If you are in distress or experiencing suicidal thoughts, please call the crisis line in your area or emergency services.
For your quick reference, here are nationwide emergency numbers and crisis lines:
- Canada: 911, Crisis Services Canada: 1-833-456-4566 (in British Columbia, you can also call 310-6769 for emotional support, information, and resources specific to mental health)
- United States: 911, National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- United Kingdom: 999/112, Samaritans: 116 123
- New Zealand: 111, 1737, Lifeline Aotearoa: 0800-543-354
- Australia: 000, Lifeline: 13 11 14